I present to you, Buckwheat-ey Chia Oats
1. Bring 1.5~2 cups water and a pinch of salt to boil.
2. Stir in 1/4 cup of Bob's Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat Cereal
3. Let it simmer for ~5 mins, lid half on, stirring occasionally.
4. Then stir in about 2 tbsp of oat bran and 2 tbsp of chia seeds.
5. Let cook for about 5 more minutes, on simmering to very light boil, adding some more water at this time if you like (I usually add in about 1/2 cup ish?).
6. Let cool a few minutes, and eat with your most desired toppings!
Some cinnamon, fresh in-season blueberries, and a dash of all natural raw honey will do the trick.
I've also been loving cashews lately (and cashews + blueberries = match made in heaven!!). I've also had a bit of unsweetened hemp milk, which at first tasted like ass, but has now grown on me, and actually works quite well with my cereal.
Check back soon for a post about why I have been eating cashews lately, amongst some other things: I have finally got some results in the mail...
food allergies, hint hint.
Have any of you guys tried buckwheat porridge and/or hemp milk? What are your thoughts on it??